GREAT FOR TOP OF KEY WAY PICKING. This Peterson Pry Bar is for the many lock pickers who requested our strong and solid tension tool - but without teeth. At 0.050, our "Toothless" Pry Bar" is the width of the key blade segment of most key ways. This strong-arm partner is notched to eliminate contact with the first pin, flat to fit in your pick set. In this tool we removed our serrated edge technology to reduce key way wear for those who repetitively pick the same lock. Made of our famous Government Stainless Steel: only the best, of course!
Please Note: These tools have a small "nub" midway on one side of the approximately 0.156 wide central width of the tool. This is the remnant from a "laser tab" created to hold the part in the sheet when the parts are laser cut. Our polishing tumbler rounds and smooths this tab to a very small smooth rounded lump typically protruding out of the side about 0.015 (15 thousandths, about the thickness of a matchbook cover). Most of our customers don't find any issue with this small inconsistency one one side of the otherwise perfectly straight edges of the tool.
If we were to take the time to file it at the factory we would have to pass on that extra operation's cost to purchasers. As less than 1% have ever mentioned it to us we feel it would be unfair to raise our costs (and prices) for the other 99% of our customers. If you find it to be objectionable, it is easily filed off to your specific standards. Thanks for understanding.
Remember: Peterson invented the flat tension tools - including our Pry-bars. Must have been a great idea with the copies being made... HOWEVER: OURS ARE MADE FROM A SECRET STEEL AND ARE BETTER!
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I got this pry bar, the thin, and gsp pick. They are my new favorites to use. I ordered the Vegas euro set this week to round out my collection
Works well. Stays in the lock. I'm left-handed, so as this is my 2nd one, I plan to try bending it (with torch) to be better positioned in my hand when holding a lock. (This is an issue with top of keyway for lefthanders, not specific to the pry bar, and in fact, it's easier to bend the pry bar then a number of other top of keyway tools)
Newbie to lock picking, but have to say I like the Peterson flat bar better then what I was using before. Quality built and great fit and finish. Thanks.